commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Arun Thomas" <Arun.Tho...@solidusnetworks.com>
Subject RE: using struts validator framework in java swing app
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 16:25:09 GMT
Unfortunately, using validator outside struts means that although it continues to successfully
report validation success or failure, the entire error message generating framework is unavailable.
 Struts merges the validator framework with additional code which actually handles all the
lookups in applicationResources.properties, etc.

You can gain access to the error messages directly from the xml file, but transforming them
via the applicationResources.properties will have to be done separately.

-AMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Ramkumar Kolpurath [mailto:kolpurath@comcast.net]
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 4:28 AM
To: commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: using struts validator framework in java swing app

I am trying to use struts validator framework in a java swing app. I was looking at an article
http://home.earthlink.net/~dwinterfeldt/overview.html which talks about loading validationresources
manually. Everything is fine except for applicationResources.properties file. How to load
this ? Is this mandatory ?

[ERROR] Validator - -reflection: null <java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetExcepti
on>java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:
on>java.lang.NullPointerException at org.apache.struts.validator.Resources.getMessageResources(Resources.j
ava:150)
        at org.apache.struts.validator.Resources.getActionError(Resources.java:2
22)

In my validator-rules.xml I have an hardcoded message for required validation entry.I am not
sure where the messageresources is being looked up ?

Please let me know. I am not sure if I need to send this question to any other forum ?

Thanks

Ram