commons-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Sutton <Adrian.Sut...@Ephox.com>
Subject RE: [codec] Update dependencies.html with Java req, and more.
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 01:00:51 GMT
>But, who is allowed to use this binary?  We expect contributors to submit
>patches with good JUnit tests, why not expect people to submit code with a
>good amount of coverage?  This has happened before, a valuable contributor
>wants to make a somewhat large change, and they want to use to see how
>much code is covered by the unit tests.

Just for the record, a 30 day trial clover jar is included on the maven
repository, but it doesn't seem to ever actually time out.  So I would say
the question is more - can non-committers use this 30 day trial jar after
the 30 day period if they are working on a project that has a license?
Ethically I'd say it's okay, but law doesn't always follow ethics. :)

Hope that helps,

Adrian Sutton, Software Engineer
Ephox Corporation
www.ephox.com