commons-dev mailing list archives

From jbre...@wi.rr.com (Jeffrey D. Brekke)
Subject Re: [net][patch] jdk 1.4 specific call in VMSFTPEntryParser.java
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 18:33:48 GMT

"Daniel F. Savarese" <dfs@savarese.org> writes:

> In message <200308051711.h75HB1Aj013122@gandalf.savarese.org>, "Daniel F. Savar
> ese" writes:
>>I'm having a heck of a time applying the patch (patch keeps on spouting
>>"patch: **** `>' expected at line 10 of patch" for some reason) and don't
>>want to run the risk of error by inserting the lines manually.  Can you
>>post the patch in unified diff format (diff -u)?
>
> Forget about it.  Since FTPFileListParserImpl uses Perl5Matcher, I changed
> the member variable to protected so that subclasses can use it (if anyone
> feels this is undesirable, please say so because it is an irreversible API
> change) and changed VMSFTPEntryParser to use org.apache.oro.text.regex.Util.split
> instead of J2SE 1.4 String.split.  The unit tests pass, but please double
> check that the change does what you want and removes the J2SE 1.4 dependency.
> I'm sorry I didn't catch the dependency when I applied the recent
> VMSFTPEntryParser patch (I assume that's how it slipped in).

I'm fixing up some tests for the VMS parser now and will merge your changes before I commit.

The patch had some strangeness in there that I didn't notice, just having time now.  The entire
goodListing test was overridden with a test that had no asserts.  I guess it did check that
no exceptions were thrown, but I'm locking it down with better tests.  Stand by.

> Now I'm off to see what's wrong with EnterpriseUnixFTPParser since Gump
> says it failed a unit test.  I guess it's a good thing we held off on
> a 1.1 release.  Maybe we should put out a 1.1 beta and give users a month
> to kick the tires?

I fixed this and committed already ;)

                                                    ekkerbj@yahoo.com