commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Hope, Matthew" <Matthew.H...@capitalone.com>
Subject RE: [pcollections][PROPOSAL] Primitive collections - new sandbox component from [collections]
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 08:48:49 GMT
is there much of a link in codebase / use cases of the primitive collections
and primitive utilities within lang etc...

perhaps a primitives project with a sub package o.a.c.primitive.collections
would work?

I know I'd be a heavy user of both together.

definitely still useful even when 1.5 boxing happens.

colt has some very impressive primitive maps where you can roll your own
reasonably simply
(int -> double, long-->Object, int->int etc provided already but with
'template' to sort your own out) long->Object is perfect for massive caches
of credit card number->Object maps, only about 16MB overhead per million
entries and still very fast.

they are a mix of licences and I doubt they are apache compatible though.

Matt