commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [beanutils] Possible to treat a Set as a List in PropertyUtils?
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 21:31:07 GMT
On Wednesday, August 6, 2003, at 01:02 PM, EPugh@upstate.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to use the PropertyUtilsBean like this:reactions[0].kinase.name,
> however getReactions() returns a set, versus a list.  I don't really care
> which element I get from the set..  Is it a terrible idea to be able to
> pick
> the first/nth/ element from a set by converting it to an array?

i don't have any particular objections. i don't think that this extra
piece of functionality would have any particular impact on backwards
compatibility. maybe it'd be an idea to allow beanutils to count through
any collection.

can anyone see anything i've missed?

i'm not sure whether it'd be better/faster to iterate through rather than
create a new list each time. opinions, anyone?

- robert