commons-dev mailing list archives

From Howie <caffe...@toodarkpark.org>
Subject [collections] new stuff?
Date Sun, 24 Aug 2003 16:30:49 GMT
Hi.  I have a bunch of classes that may fit nicely into
commons-collections.  Specifically:

* 10 Predicate Objects:  AndPredicate, BetweenPredicate,
ContainsPredicate, EqualToPredicate, GreaterThanPredicate, InPredicate,
LessThanPredicate, NotPredicate, NullPredicate, OrPredicate.  These all
function similar to NeXT's EOQualifier classes, if you're familiar with
those.

* some Predicate utilities to filter a List and return a new,
non-backed List, to the user.  Could probably just add these to
ListUtils and the like.

* a Property Comparator object that uses PropertyUtils to get a
property, then compare it to some 'static' value.  Most of the
Predicate classes mentioned above make use of this, as it's really,
really neat.

How can I go about submitting these to commons-collections for
consideration?  I've been using these classes at the office for a
little more than a year now, and I'm thinking others would find them
interesting, too.

Thanks.