commons-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>
Subject Re: [VFS|HttpClient] Re: [VFS] Crashes in getContent()
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2003 02:42:37 GMT
Yes, it looks like you are using HttpClient from HEAD.  2.0 code has
been moved into a branch and we've started 2.1 in HEAD.  All unit tests
are passing but HEAD contains essentially alpha code.  If you are
looking for something stable I suggest 2.0.  Mostly likely there is a
bug in HEAD.  Please submit a bug in Bugzilla when you get a chance.

Mike

On Thursday, August 21, 2003, at 09:07 PM, Adam R. B. Jack wrote:

> Thanks for that information, some project have separate test suite
> projects,
> so I wondered. If it could be replace that'd be great 'cos I'd like to
> see
> tests succeed on Gump (on latest stack below) not only on developers
> machines. It is Gump where things are failing for me.
>
> Also, usage of VFS on top of HttpClient seems broken right now, at
> least in
> my environment/usage & on Gump, and the primary crash I found was in
> HttpClient code. I can't be sure it isn't VFS (or even Ruper on top of
> VFS)
> but the stack here seems to point to HttpClient (see below).
>
> There seems to be no "test" here:
> http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/2003-08-20/commons-httpclient.html
> The target "test:" here seems blank:
> http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/2003-08-20/commons-vfs.html
>
> As such Ruper and above crash. Now, I ought put my unit (I guess
> integration) tests into Ruper (I have some started,
> http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/2003-08-20/krysalis-ruper-ant-
> test.html,
> need 24 hours to get further) but I'd appreciate help from below. If
> at all
> possible nightly gump runs of unit tests (specifically VFS on top of
> HttpClient) would be greatly appreciated.
>

>>> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.processRedire
>>> ctResponse(Htt
>>> pMethodDirect
>>> or.java:454)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.isRetryNeeded
>>> (HttpMethodDir
>>> ector.java:63
>>> 9)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod
>>> (HttpMethodDir
>>> ector.java:14