commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: [pcollections][PROPOSAL] Primitive collections - new sandbox component from [collections]
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 18:27:56 GMT
I think what we may be seeing is a aversion to the size complexity of
the current primitives implementation, this package is very heavy on
abstraction and inheritance hierarchy, I suspect newcomers may be
feeling a bit "overwhelmed" and lost by it.

However, some of the implementations could be quite valuable. Maybe if
there were some more documentation on its usage and package hierarchy in
the javadoc, like in other areas of Collections, then there would be
less adversity?

-Mark