commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: [lang] Lang 2.0 release?
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2003 00:54:11 GMT
Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> Objections with RC4 ;-)
>
> 1) Binary ZIP has wrong CRLF when viewed on windows (License.txt and
> Release-notes.txt). Source ZIP is fine.
>
> 2) Source ZIP does not contain pre-built JAR file. (I know it doesn't have
> to, but in my experience I much prefer it when it does. No javadocs, just
> the commons-lang.jar file
>
> 3) If we are changing differenceAt(), we should do it now. But you could
> argue whether difference() should be something like
> substringAfterDifference(). At the moment I'm -0 to changing, preferring to
> push the release.
>
> Otherwise, release looks good at a quick look.
>
> Stephen

I would fix Stephen's 1) and possibly 2), rebuild including Gary's
recent commit addressing 3) and then call for a vote (before someone
finds something else ;).  The javadoc on the maven site now looks fine.
  Must have been a JDK bug.

Should I wait until you cut the release to commit my maven build
changes?  I notice that project.xml, maven.xml etc are included in the
source disto.

Phil