commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: [lang] Lang 2.0 release?
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 04:20:58 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Gary Gregory wrote:
>

>>This is all good news. I have two Q's:
>>
>>(1) What about an RC-4 that is publicized to the commons-user list such that
>>real users can raise issues such that we can:
>>
>>	(a) document them in a migration doc or
>>	(b) fix them.
>

> Dunno. Do we want users to be using RCs? I think I'd prefer to have them
> use the x.0 and release an x.0.1 for any issues etc.
>

>>(2) It's seems trivial to add the missing @since tags JDiff complains about.
>>Or that just too anal?
>

> S'not too hard to remove the tag and redo the build. Feel free to commit
> them :)
>
> Hen
>

>>Gary

There is something funny in the javadoc in the .gz.  Somehow the @author
tags were transformed incorrectly.  Here is the HTML source for the
author element from the .gz/docs for CharSetUtils (same happens for
every class that has more than one author):

Yandell</a></dd>
, Stephen Colebourne</dd>
, Phil Steitz</dd>

On Mozilla, at least, this causes extra line breaks.

When I use the 1.4.2 doclet to generate, I get well-formed HTML:

   <dd><a href="bayard@generationjava.com">Henri Yandell</a>, Stephen
Colebourne, Phil Steitz</dd>

What JDK did you use to generate the javadoc?  Is this a known bug/feature?

Phil