commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Stanley,Michael P." <mstan...@mitre.org>
Subject Re: [combo] Commons Core release?
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 06:39:18 GMT

>Nobody is talking about eliminating the individual releases.  The question
>is whether or not we should offer an *additional* combination package of
>some sort, and what it should contain.  One can certainly extend the
>concept recursively beyond Jakarta Commons, but something like this is
>going to align on language lines anyway -- and Jakarta Commons is already
>only about Java based packages.

I understand this.  But I do feel that the inclusion of a "combination"
distribution will create more confusion and conflicts down the road.  I
agree something needs to be done to make it easier to use a large set of
different commons packages but I think that a tool that puts this
together based on some known combinations, is a win-win.

>For those who wonder why such a combination JAR is important, please hang
>around on the user lists, not just the developer lists :-).

I'm on both ;-)

- Mike