commons-dev mailing list archives

From Tomasz Pik <pi...@ais.pl>
Subject Re: [combo] Commons Core release?
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 05:19:43 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote:
> A url to a build is: http://www.apache.org/~bayard/commons-core/
>
> I'm doing some trickery to turn BeanUtils' commons-logging dependency into
> a JDK1.4 util.logging dependency. It would be nice to add Pool, HttpClient
> and maybe Net [with some regexp trickery] and consider that a version 1.0.

That's something that I think should be avoided.
Combo (IMHO) should be a jar containing classes/resources voted
as releases.
If developer will pick up Combo described by a list of packages
included, (s)he must be sure that Combo jar may be replaced by
those packages as they are downloadable jars.
With such regexp magic it's not so obvious.

Regards,
Tomek