commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Wingfield <jon.wingfi...@mkodo.com>
Subject Re: StringUtils misspelled method names?
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 18:15:36 GMT
FYI

//1 definitions retrieved
//"capitalise" wn "WordNet (r) 1.7"
capitalise
      v 1: supply with capital, as of a business by using a combination
           of capital used by investors and debt capital provided
           by lenders [syn: {capitalize}]
      2: draw advantages from; "he is capitalizing on her mistake";
         "she took advantage of his absence to meet her lover"
         [syn: {capitalize}, {take advantage}]
      3: write in capital letters [syn: {capitalize}]
      4: compute the present value of a business or an income [syn:
{capitalize}]
      5: consider expenditures as capital assets rather than expenses
         [syn: {capitalize}]
      6: convert into capital, as of a company's reserve funds [syn:
         {capitalize}]
.