commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Wingfield <>
Subject Re: StringUtils misspelled method names?
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 18:15:36 GMT

//1 definitions retrieved
//"capitalise" wn "WordNet (r) 1.7"
      v 1: supply with capital, as of a business by using a combination
           of capital used by investors and debt capital provided
           by lenders [syn: {capitalize}]
      2: draw advantages from; "he is capitalizing on her mistake";
         "she took advantage of his absence to meet her lover"
         [syn: {capitalize}, {take advantage}]
      3: write in capital letters [syn: {capitalize}]
      4: compute the present value of a business or an income [syn:
      5: consider expenditures as capital assets rather than expenses
         [syn: {capitalize}]
      6: convert into capital, as of a company's reserve funds [syn:

Gary Gregory wrote:

> Unless I am not seing straight, the following are not spelled properly:
> 1) capitalise
> 2) capitaliseAllWords
> 3) uncapitalise
> 4) uncapitaliseAllWords
> They should be:
> capitalize
> capitalizeAllWords
> uncapitalize
> uncapitalizeAllWords
> Which is *capitalize* with a 'z' not an 's'.
> Should we fix the spelling now?
> At all?
> The (4) method does not exist in version 1.0.1 but all of the others do...
> Arg,
> Gary

View raw message