commons-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: [lang] DateUtils parseCVS with time format
Date Sun, 03 Aug 2003 23:46:29 GMT
Steven Caswell wrote:
> One of the supported formats for input to parseCVS is h:mm z. The method
> parses the time correctly, but the date is left as the default of January 1,
> 1970. Does this make sense, or does it make sense to have it fill in the
> current date? Since the API is silent on the expected behavior, it is
> difficult to test the API for correctness.

Do you know how CVS works?  does it set the date as that time in the
last 24 hours, or does it always set today's date?  There are some unit
tests that are based on the current time, so I can put together unit
tests and correct this behavior once I'm sure what it should be.

--
Serge Knystautas
President