commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <>
Subject RE: [codec] To do for 1.1.1
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 18:38:44 GMT
Here is another codec issue.

In URLCodec there are too oddly named methods: urldecode() and urlencode().
The word-style caps are missing. I suggest these be renamed to decodeUrl()
and encodeUrl().

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim O'Brien []
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 10:18
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: [codec] To do for 1.1.1

I've done the release work in the past, be happy to do it again.  Or, if
you would like, I'd be glad to have another partner in crime.

When B. Walstrum submitted the code for DoubleMetaphone, I assigned an
issue to him for a unit test.  I haven't seen any action as of yet from

I'd say in addition to a unit test for DoubleMetaphone, we're lacking good
documentation (compared to Digester).

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003, Gary Gregory wrote:

> Hello Codec,
> So, is the only to-do for a codec 1.1.1 a DoubleMetaphone unit test?
> Who knows enough to write one and has the time to do so?
> Who does the release work for this component?
> Gary

Tim O'Brien
Evanston, IL
(847) 863-7045