commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <ggreg...@seagullsw.com>
Subject RE: [cli] 2.0 status?
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 22:49:18 GMT
Yes, it helps, thanks. I can therefore comfortably whack away creating a CLI
1.0 based solution.

Thanks,
Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Oxspring [mailto:roxspring@imapmail.org]
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 15:46
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: [cli] 2.0 status?

Gary,

At the moment there are two competing proposals for CLI2.

John Keyes has a branch in CVS (cli_1_x) that tidies up the current code to
be much more consistent.  There hasn't been much talk about this since I
stuck my oar in with some alternative ideas.  There may have been more work
in the meantime but I haven't been checking commit messages lately so my
comments re Johns work may be outdated.

I have an alternative proposal that is more radical and, I think, much more
flexible.  This is stored in my own subversion repo that I'll make available
once I have authentication set up.

Neither proposal can be considered more than alpha at the moment and binary
compatability remains an afterthought for now.  Once one or other of the
proposals stabilise I expect we'll investigate the pros and cons and take
things from there.  I wouldn't expect betas until late september at the
earliest.

Hope that helps,

Rob