commons-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Sutic <leosu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release Process for Sandbox Projects
Date Sun, 24 Aug 2003 17:31:37 GMT
Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> the usual rule is that sandbox components cannot be released. this has
> worked very well in the past and i'd be very reluctant to see exceptions
> without compelling reasons.

I don't think this will be an exception.

> commons-attributes has a nightly build which are often used as
SNAPSHOTs.
> there are a couple of simple things that have worked for components in
the
> past. the first is sorting out the documentation and the web site. the
> attributes web sites hasn't been updated for almost a year and doesn't
> contain a lot of information. the second is putting something into the
> apache newsletter.

Those are things that are to be sorted soon. The website is redone,
but I don't have access to jakarta.apache.org so I can't upload it. I
have talked to root@apache about access, and we came to the conclusion
that I should just wait until jakarta.apache.org was moved to the same
server as cvs.apache.org (which should happen soon).

The nightly build is something I'm working on right now.

So expect the commons-attributes project to look a bit more alive soon.

/LS