commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Attributes] Inherit and Develop
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2003 15:33:24 GMT
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Leo Sutic wrote:

> Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 11:43:44 +0200
> From: Leo Sutic <leo.sutic@inspireinfrastructure.com>
> To: commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org
> Cc: jstrachan@apache.org
> Subject: [Attributes] Inherit and Develop
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm a comitter at the Avalon project (avalon.apache.org), and I
> have developed tools and API to enable C#/.Net like attributes
> in Java. Originally I developed it as a proof-of-concept, and we
> held a vote on what to do with the project once the proof was
> done. The result was basically "nice code, make it a real
> project - but do it elsewhere". The Commons Attributes project
> seemed to be the most natural place to go to.
>
> As far as I can see, Commons Attributes is *dead* in terms of
> development. Therefore I ask the following:
>
>  + Commit access to jakarta-commons-sandbox/attributes

Historically, commit access to jakarta-commons-sandbox has been granted on
request to any *Jakarta* committer.  I personally don't have any problem
with widening that rule to any Apache committer, which would therefore
include Leo automatically (he has commit access on Avalon, which used to
be a Jakarta sub-project but is now top level).  Does any other
Commons-Dev committer or Jakarta PMC member have any problem with that?

>  + Some indication that the attributes project is indeed
>    dead and that I can "inherit" it. This is just to pre-empt
>    any conflicts arising from committing code to a repository
>    that used to be used by someone else.
>
> For an explanation of what I have done, you can read the
> Javadoc Overview (along with some Q&A) at:
>

> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/avalon-sandbox/attributes/a
> pi/src/java/overview.html?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/html
>
> /LS

Craig McClanahan