commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <stei...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: StringUtils misspelled method names?
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 19:49:33 GMT

--- Henri Yandell <bayard@generationjava.com> wrote:

> Bearing in mind the fact that Linux is going through the same argument,
> what's your reasoning?
>
> The ASF is a US registered organisation.
> Most users of Apache code are from the US.
> Most commiters in the ASF are from the US [though I think US committers
> are the minority in Commons Lang].
>
> others?

I think it would be better to focus standardization zeal on more important
issues (e.g. docs, tests, etc.) :)

IMHO, as long as the chosen names are comprehensible and conform to the
Java capitalization (resp. capitalisation) standards, authors should be
allowed to choose among alternate spellings.

I used to care more about this stuff.  But that was when I actually typed
method names ;-)

Phil