commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: [net][patch] jdk 1.4 specific call in VMSFTPEntryParser.java
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 18:16:07 GMT

In message <200308051711.h75HB1Aj013122@gandalf.savarese.org>, "Daniel F. Savar
ese" writes:
>I'm having a heck of a time applying the patch (patch keeps on spouting
>"patch: **** `>' expected at line 10 of patch" for some reason) and don't
>want to run the risk of error by inserting the lines manually.  Can you
>post the patch in unified diff format (diff -u)?

Forget about it.  Since FTPFileListParserImpl uses Perl5Matcher, I changed
the member variable to protected so that subclasses can use it (if anyone
feels this is undesirable, please say so because it is an irreversible API
change) and changed VMSFTPEntryParser to use org.apache.oro.text.regex.Util.split
instead of J2SE 1.4 String.split.  The unit tests pass, but please double
check that the change does what you want and removes the J2SE 1.4 dependency.
I'm sorry I didn't catch the dependency when I applied the recent
VMSFTPEntryParser patch (I assume that's how it slipped in).

Now I'm off to see what's wrong with EnterpriseUnixFTPParser since Gump
says it failed a unit test.  I guess it's a good thing we held off on
a 1.1 release.  Maybe we should put out a 1.1 beta and give users a month
to kick the tires?

daniel