commons-dev mailing list archives

From David Graham <grahamdavid1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Resources] When is the next release?
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 14:02:04 GMT
--- Martin Cooper <martinc@apache.org> wrote:
> Here are a few things that need to happen:
>
> 1) The action items in STATUS.html need to be addressed. The first
> (Review
> Abstractions) is especially important, since we need to set the right
> "tone" for Resources before it goes out into the big wide world as an
> official release. IMNSHO, there is still some serious work needed here
> (which I'm willing to contribute to).

Specifically, we should change the MessageList methods that return an
Iterator.  They need more descriptive names and should return some form of
Collection (or Collection view).  Getting an Iterator from a method isn't
a common Java idiom (for good reason) and the client can do more with a
Collection anyways.  I think the Iterator business was carried over from
the Struts Validator.

David