commons-dev mailing list archives

From Takuya Murata <tak...@manjiro.net>
Subject Re: [collections] Questions....
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2003 01:31:49 GMT
Hello,

> Firstly, SingletonIterator and SingletonListIterator seem quite
> similar.
> Apart from the extra type of 'ListIterator', it appears that a
> SingletonListIterator can do the job of a SingletonIterator in all
> jobs.
> Could just remove SingleIterator.

I was thinking can we eliminate those classes by methods returning
interface? It is always a good practice to use interface rather than
specifying concrete class. I mean just like singleton method of
java.util.Collections

Code should be like:

class Collections2 {
   public ResetableIterator singletonIterator () { ... }
   public ResetableListIterator singletonIterator () { ... }
}

It is possible to use just one concrete class for both methods above.

Given there is a few discussion of code review, I think every one is
busy maintaining the existing code base.

Takuya Murata
takusi@manjiro.net