commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject Release Process for Sandbox Projects
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:19:36 GMT
I have moved Avalon Attributes into the Commons Sandbox now, and
would like to get a release out the door. Just so I understand how
this is done: If I understand what I've heard/read correctly,
Sandbox projects aren't released. They have to be accepted into
Commons proper first.

    Question: How is this done, what's the process?

Second, I'd like to do the following pretty much immediately:

 1. Get the project website up.
    I'm quite new to Maven, and as far as I understand, typing:

        maven site:deploy

    will do this for me. I'm just a bit too afraid to try this
    out without getting some confirmation of this first, though...

    I have already done everything to properly generate the site
    locally - if I look into target/docs then I have a site that
    is exactly as I want it.

 2. Get an alpha release out. I have some people over at Avalon
    who would like a "first cut of code" to look at. Can this be
    done inofficially, without acceptance into Commons proper?

/LS