commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject [VFS|HttpClient] Re: [VFS] Crashes in getContent()
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 14:46:45 GMT
A few more details/thoughts/questions:

1) The FSM appears to be using UrlFileObject although I have HttpClient in
my path. (This was when run from inside Eclipse and not command line, with
Eclipse project dependency upon HttpClient. With command line I get the
right one. Could this be some issue w/ a difference of class loading inside
Eclipse?)

Is there any way I can "get inside and dump/display" an FSM's providers?
(Unfortunately commons-logging seems to chose log4j in this environment not
jdk1.4 logging, and I don't have that configured, so I am loosing the
warnings.

2) I tested an "exists" call on a bad (non-existent) URL -- and it didn't
return "false" when used with the UrlFileObject. I've not figured out why,
but it seem like that problem has slipped back in. [If I can figure out
where to add it I'll submit a patch w/ a test for this.]

3) When I test on the command line, w/ latest HttpClient from CVS, I do get
a similar looking crash (see bottom) which looks like an HttpClient issue
(hence the shared subject.)

4) When I attempt to run all the unit tests for commons-vfs I get numerous
NullPtr crashes in the tests. Isthis somehow environmental, or are they
failing? The NullPtrs don't look like HttpClient only, so perhaps there are
two sets of problems.

5) Given all this, would it be possible for the two teams (VFS and
HttpClient) to add "test" projects to gump to augment the "compile"
projects? Meaning commons-httpclient-test and commons-vfs-test that depend
upon their parents, and run unit tests. That way projects like
krysalis-ruper could chose to depend upon a successful unit test run, and
not propagate crashes.

regards,

Adam

-----------------

F:\Krysalis\Testing>java org.krysalis.ruper.util.VfsUtils
Aug 21, 2003 8:24:09 AM
org.apache.commons.vfs.impl.StandardFileSystemManager addProvider
WARNING: Skipping provider
"org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.ftp.FtpFileProvider" because required cl
ass "org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPFile" is not available.
Aug 21, 2003 8:24:09 AM
org.apache.commons.vfs.impl.StandardFileSystemManager addProvider
WARNING: Skipping provider
"org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.smb.SmbFileProvider" because required cl
ass "jcifs.smb.SmbFile" is not available.
Aug 21, 2003 8:24:09 AM
org.apache.commons.vfs.impl.StandardFileSystemManager addProvider
WARNING: Skipping provider
"org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.webdav.WebdavFileProvider" because requi
red class "org.apache.webdav.lib.WebdavResource" is not available.
Aug 21, 2003 8:24:09 AM
org.apache.commons.vfs.impl.StandardFileSystemManager addProvider
WARNING: Skipping provider
"org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.sftp.SftpFileProvider" because required
class "com.jcraft.jsch.JSch" is not available.
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.processRedirectResponse(Htt
pMethodDirect
or.java:454)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.isRetryNeeded(HttpMethodDir
ector.java:63
9)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(HttpMethodDir
ector.java:14
5)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:378)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:268)
        at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.http.HttpFileObject.doGetType(HttpFileObject
.java:114)
        at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.attach(AbstractFileObject
.java:919)
        at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.exists(AbstractFileObject
.java:372)
        at org.krysalis.ruper.util.VfsUtils.main(VfsUtils.java:413)

regards

Adam