commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Vikram Goyal" <>
Subject Re: [combo] Commons Core release?
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 05:58:45 GMT
> Hi everyone -
> I'm not directly involved with any Jakarta/Apache project at the
> moment.  I lurk on a ton of the lists and have lurked for some time.

Ha! So I am not the only one. :)

> -1 on any combination.  Core / Combo - whatever.  I think it is a bad
> idea.

Agree with you that it is a bad idea. Commons was supposed to be it. Its
like trying to factor out a "Commons" out of Commons. I can see the
nightmare and the trouble people will have trying to understand what a
"Combo" is out of Commons. Developers are sensible enough to realise and
factor out common jars. Agreed that it takes time but hey, thats what we are
paid for.

View raw message