commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Pugh" <ep...@upstate.com>
Subject RE: [naming] Getting started...
Date Sun, 24 Aug 2003 22:40:56 GMT
well, here are two sites (plus the maven site itself) that use reactor.
Just to give you ideas.

http://xingu.sf.net   (maven build-all)
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/fulcrum/  (maven build)

Do a checkout of whats in CVS, then from the root run the appropriate maven
goal.  This basically just calls the reactor and tells it to iterator over
all the subprojects, building them.  It deals with dependencies as well.  So
it will download the jars needed for each subproject, as well as build them
in the order needed.

There isn't any jelly at all.  Also, the multiproject plugin allows you to
work with multiple projects at once.  So you can easily do a build on all of
them.  It also helps with makeing the various sub project docs glue together
into a single whole.

Eric