commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Pugh" <ep...@upstate.com>
Subject RE: [math] Would code for generating IC50 curves fit here?
Date Sun, 17 Aug 2003 18:16:15 GMT
Al,

You are correct..  Those curves are used for testing data, looking for
"goodness of fit" when plotting a series of data points that should be on a
nice curve.

You are right about more general curve fitting would be the way to go.

I'm hoping to not reinvent the wheel on this, but if I do, I will post it to
[math] as a proposal.

Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: Al Chou [mailto:hotfusionman@yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 17, 2003 7:49 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: [math] Would code for generating IC50 curves fit here?

--- Eric Pugh <epugh@upstate.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am faced with a needing to generate IC50 (also called EC50) curves for a
> project.
>
> A) Does anyone know of any packages that do this?
>
> B) If not, would this be something of interest for Math?

I don't think we have any curve-fitting code yet.  I think a set of more
widely
used curves (a brief search on Google suggests that IC50/EC50 curves are
used
primarily in pharmacology, is that right?) would be higher on the priority
list, if we were to put curve fitting in scope for some release (it probably
wouldn't be the initial release, given the situation to date).

Al

=====
Albert Davidson Chou