commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Ramkumar Kolpurath" <kolpur...@comcast.net>
Subject using struts validator framework in java swing app
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 11:28:25 GMT
I am trying to use struts validator framework in a java swing app. I was looking at an article
http://home.earthlink.net/~dwinterfeldt/overview.html which talks about loading validationresources
manually. Everything is fine except for applicationResources.properties file. How to load
this ? Is this mandatory ?

[ERROR] Validator - -reflection: null <java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetExcepti
on>java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.NullPointerException at org.apache.struts.validator.Resources.getMessageResources(Resources.j
ava:150)
        at org.apache.struts.validator.Resources.getActionError(Resources.java:2
22)

In my validator-rules.xml I have an hardcoded message for required validation entry.I am not
sure where the messageresources is being looked up ?

Please let me know. I am not sure if I need to send this question to any other forum ?

Thanks

Ram