commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Caswell" <st...@mungoknotwise.com>
Subject [lang] DateUtils parseCVS with time format
Date Sun, 03 Aug 2003 23:26:02 GMT
One of the supported formats for input to parseCVS is h:mm z. The method
parses the time correctly, but the date is left as the default of January 1,
1970. Does this make sense, or does it make sense to have it fill in the
current date? Since the API is silent on the expected behavior, it is
difficult to test the API for correctness.

Steven Caswell
steve@mungoknotwise.com
"In our own native land, in defense of the freedom that is our birthright,
and which we ever enjoyed till the late violation of it -- for the
protection of our property, acquired solely by the honest industry of our
fore-fathers and ourselves, against violence actually offered, we have taken
up arms. We shall lay them down when hostilities shall cease on the part of
the aggressors, and all danger of their being renewed shall be removed, and
not before." - Thomas Jefferson