commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject [Attributes] Inherit and Develop
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2003 09:43:44 GMT
Hi,

I'm a comitter at the Avalon project (avalon.apache.org), and I
have developed tools and API to enable C#/.Net like attributes
in Java. Originally I developed it as a proof-of-concept, and we
held a vote on what to do with the project once the proof was
done. The result was basically "nice code, make it a real
project - but do it elsewhere". The Commons Attributes project
seemed to be the most natural place to go to.

As far as I can see, Commons Attributes is *dead* in terms of
development. Therefore I ask the following:

 + Commit access to jakarta-commons-sandbox/attributes

 + Some indication that the attributes project is indeed
   dead and that I can "inherit" it. This is just to pre-empt
   any conflicts arising from committing code to a repository
   that used to be used by someone else.

For an explanation of what I have done, you can read the
Javadoc Overview (along with some Q&A) at:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/avalon-sandbox/attributes/a
pi/src/java/overview.html?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/html

/LS