commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Keith Garry Boyce" <garp...@hotmail.com>
Subject Can Struts Validator forward to more than one error tag?
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2003 14:20:27 GMT
This is a request for a new feature (or on information at to if feature
exists)
Currently the validator will create an error associated with the property
being validated ie. <html:error property="name"/>. I would like to also set
a generic error to point user to the specific error i.e: <html:error
property="genericErr"/>

genericErr would say something like "see below for error".

I would assume in validation.xml this generic error would be related to form
although it can also be specific to a field and set only when field is in
error condition i.e:
<form name="xxForm">
    <genericError property="genericErr">
             <arg0 key="error.below"/>