commons-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cos...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [modeler] Introspection only for primitives?
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2003 05:28:45 GMT
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Costin,
>
> Right now modeler just allows parameters that are listed in the supportedType method
when we use
> introspection.
>
> #1 - How difficult/easy is it to allow other data types? (Why is this list of items limited?)

It's not difficult to add more data types. We added mostly commont types -
I think we should cover at least the types in "open mbeans" part of the
spec.

We could also add a generic mechanism to allow pluggable types ( i.e. to
add more types to the list of supportedTypes ).

> #2 - How about other beans as parameters? (if you look at
> test\org\apache\commons\modeler\demo\mbeans-descriptors.xml, StandardServer has addService,
> removeService etc that take in a service as parameter)

Sure - if it doesn't complicates things too much.

BTW, one of the reason we have the "supportedTypes" is to avoid
introspection extracting too much stuff.

Costin