commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject RE: [lang] StringUtils isEmpty summary(2)
Date Sun, 20 Jul 2003 16:27:13 GMT

I would expect it to look like:

StringUtilsInstance  which matchs the current string utils but is a
package private instance.

StringUtils, which is a static class wrapping StringUtilsInstance with.
StringUtilsNPE, which is a static class wrapping StringUtilsInstance with
NPE throwing.

Or:

StringUtilsInstance has a constructor which accepts a PreCheckStrategy
object. This would allow things like throwing NPE, modifying the argument
on the way in to make null equal "", throwing IAE, or some such. Then we'd
have StringUtils, StringUtilsNPE etc which would choose their own
strategy.

Dunno. Seems we can do some sexy facade work here. Just a shame there's no
delegates keyword :)

Hen