commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject [release docs] some thoughts
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2003 23:56:00 GMT

Couple of thoughts on Robert's release documentation at:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/

In prepare.html, the manifest description doesn't quite match Sun's. They
don't mention 'Extension-Name' and they say to include the Manifest
version.

In release.html, it has the builder building the release version in
their own sandbox. I would recommend that instead it suggest the builder
checkout the particular tag into their new working directory and perform
the build there. The entire source tree does not always want to go into
the build. Then after the binaries have been built, I would recommend
releasing and re-checking out to create the sources.

Also, a -q on the zip -r will be appreciated by the builder :)

Hen