commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [lang] WordWrapUtils
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 06:14:19 GMT

On Sun, 6 Jul 2003, J.Pietschmann wrote:

> Henri Yandell wrote:
> > We also see the addition of more Utils classes:
> > WordWrapUtils
>
> RT mode:
> It would be interesting if WordWrap would implement Unicode TR14.
> I, or better the FOP project, have also a hyphenator which would
> also fit with the word wrapping issue.

TR14? Had never heard of it. Now that I have, I'll try to read
http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr14/ so I can talk sensibly.

> Finally I have a spell chacker (a rewrite of MySpell in Java) which
> searches a home. Because it loads the whole dictionary into memory,
> I dont consider it ready for use in long running programs, like
> servers. Apart from this, is anybody interested in including this
> type of software into [lang], or perhaps in sponsoring a [text]
> project in the sandbox?

Just an idea to throw in.

Apple have a spell-checking api. It only works on OS X, but they supply a
stubbed out API for deploying to other machines. Would be quite cool if
your spell checker shared API with Apple's.

Hen