commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: DBCP status?
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2003 05:43:14 GMT
> This entire thread has been filled with reasons to not support closing
> abandoned connections.  If you need to have this behavior, you will need
> to customize DBCP for your apps because it should not be built in.

Actually, I would characterize it that abandoned connection handling is an
FAQ item *and* a polarizing one.  Yes, there have been reasons to not
support closing abandoned connections.  And just as loudly have been people
saying that they need it.

Personally, I am still in a listening mode (plus I've been head down working
on a new server deployment).  I've some thoughts, but I also knew that Serge
was off-line for a bit (and had a bunch of changes already on his local
drive), so I was waiting for him to return, too.

	--- Noel