commons-dev mailing list archives

From Tim OBrien <TOBr...@spirian.com>
Subject RE: [math] checkstyle.wrap.operator = ignore
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:20:06 GMT
Take a look at checkstyle.xml.  Since, I'm building with the latest Maven
SNAPSHOT, I'm using the XML configuration file for checkstyle, and I set
this to "eol".

Feel free to change this if another setting makes sense.  Code formatting
discussions are religious, and I'd rather just share a common standard.

Are we standardized on using the checkstyle.xml yet?

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark R. Diggory [mailto:mdiggory@latte.harvard.edu]
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 8:05 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: [math] checkstyle.wrap.operator = ignore

I'm concerned that this property does not actually do what we think it
is doing. "ignore" is used because there were problems using the "eol"
string in the flat property files. Anyways this forces the checkstyle
parser to require all operators to be at the end of the lines vs
beginning of lines. There is no way to ignore if its at the end or
beginning of the line.

Most autoformaters (Eclipse in my case) format according the checkstyle
spec such that all operators fall at the beginnings (I don't see a way
to change this in Eclipse at least). I suspect it covers more IDE cases
to have this set property removed so it defaults to the beginning of the
line.

-Mark