commons-dev mailing list archives

From scolebou...@btopenworld.com
Subject [lang] StringUtils isEmpty change
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2003 16:14:53 GMT
Howard, Henning, Others,

Can you confirm or deny if the method isEmptyOrNull() is an acceptably named replacement to
isEmpty()? We are trying to be more explicit in naming.

Otherwise can you find a word that means 'empty or null'? Perhaps we could have isBlank()
as a synonym of isEmptyOrNull?

Also, I should point out that the code you replaced in turbine (see below) is not identical
to that in isEmpty()...which is part of the issue here.

I also now think that deprecation may be necessary here.

Stephen