commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: [math] checkstyle.wrap.operator = ignore
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 15:17:23 GMT
Tim OBrien wrote:

>Take a look at checkstyle.xml.  Since, I'm building with the latest Maven
>SNAPSHOT, I'm using the XML configuration file for checkstyle, and I set
>this to "eol".

Yes, the xml properties file uses  "eol" and defaults as well to the
beginning of the line when this property is absent, I ran it and
observed this is the case. I see no option for an "ignore" case where it
wouldn't matter if its at the start or the end of the line, which seems
somewhat shortsighted of the checkstyle designers. If it is the choice
of one or the other and not both, then I'd just stick to the checkstyle
default standard, this way if people are using IDE's with checkstyle
support they don't need to worry about configuring its properties too
much. That "ignore" property value  in the old properties file is very
deceiving I think.

>Feel free to change this if another setting makes sense.  Code formatting
>discussions are religious, and I'd rather just share a common standard.
>
>Are we standardized on using the checkstyle.xml yet?
>
>Tim

I think your the primary site deployer, so its really your call if we're
going to xml configuration approaches. Others are primarily using ant to
build/test, maybe Phil's using maven to check his documentation work.

-Mark

Mark Diggory
Software Developer
Harvard MIT Data Center