commons-dev mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: [lang] WordWrapUtils
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 20:33:42 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote:
> Apple have a spell-checking api. It only works on OS X, but they supply a
> stubbed out API for deploying to other machines. Would be quite cool if
> your spell checker shared API with Apple's.

Neat idea. The current API is for spell checking a single word,
the Apple API is a somewhat higher level, with parsing words
from text and dictionary management. I don't think however a
com.apple.spell package would be tolerated in the ASF repository
by either Apple ot the board.

Is there an established procedure for creating new sandbox
components (including voting and such), and if a [text]
component was created could someone help bootstrap the
component (Gump integration etc.)?

J.Pietschmann