commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject [math] Main Univariate Facade Implementations that work with UnivariateStatistics
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 04:26:23 GMT
Here is a patch with new versions of the Univariate Facades.
Included in this patch are:

1.) one new univariate "MixedListUnivariate" That accepts a
TransformerMap to transform objects to primitive doubles.

2.) one new AbstractUnivariate implementation.

3.) There are many revisions to the current Implementations to make them
work with both NumberTransformers and the individual UnivariateStatistics.

4.) all Moment based stats (like skew and kurt) are moved up into the
Univariate interface.

5.) The StorelessUnivariateStatistics have been reorganized to move
calculations that do not need to be performed on "increment" further
upstream to "getValue". This reduces the amount of calculation being
done at the addValue stage (eliminating variance, skew and kurtosis
calculations from the moments at this stage).

6.) All moment based statistics have been modified to support sharing a
common moment. This way internal calculations for m1, m2, m3 and m4 do
not need to be replicated within the individual stats, they can all
share the same object.

I would really like to get some input on these from the group as they
represent a rather large commit change on others work in the stat directory.

Lastly, I do have a version of StatUtils that works with
UnivariateStatistics, but I'm now convinced that we no longer need
StatUtils any more.

-Mark