commons-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: [DBCP] cpdsadapter needs a Statement implementation
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2003 04:31:09 GMT
Tim Anderson wrote:
> On the subject of logging, are there any plans to implement
> SQL traces? I have a hacked copy of dbcp which I used
> to help track down a deadlock. If there's any interest,
> I'll clean it up and submit it.

I think the sense moving forward is that DBCP will remain only a pooling
implementation, and leave other responsibilities to other libraries.

The open source mac-daddy of SQL tracing is at www.p6spy.com.  Great for
tracking deadlocks and slow spots.  There's even a recent add-on that
will analyze all the SQL tracing and suggest indexes for tables.

--
Serge Knystautas
President