commons-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>
Subject Re: [lang] TimeoutController from HttpClient
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2003 17:17:36 GMT
java.util.Timer is meant to execute a task at a particular time or after
a certain delay.

TimeoutController is meant to interrupt(timeout) a process that takes
more than a specific amount of time.  It is used in HttpClient in one
case to timeout opening a socket, as this is not natively supported pre
JRE 1.4.

Mike