commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: [math][functor] More Design Concerns
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 21:50:10 GMT
Rodney Waldhoff wrote:

>On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Mark R. Diggory wrote:
>

>>Part of this issue is technical the other political, [...]
>>[Functor] isn't going to be available as a
>>maven/build dependency until it graduates.
>>

>For the record, whether appropriate or not, other commons-sandbox
>components are available via maven, although functor currently isn't.  The
>technical side of this could be fixed real quick.
>
> - Rod <http://radio.weblogs.com/0122027/>

I suspect others have alternate opinions but, earlier when I suggested
getting the math jar into maven. It was recommended that this process be
delayed until math can actually have a release (a.k.a. graduate from the
sandbox), this primarily to avoid bad situations where apache projects
can become dependent on "transient projects" in the sandbox. I'm not
sure what the policy is on sandbox components becoming dependnet on
other sandbox components.

-Mark

--
Mark Diggory