commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremias Maerki <dev.jerem...@greenmail.ch>
Subject Re: [IO] my plans, please comment
Date Sun, 06 Jul 2003 15:36:58 GMT

On 06.07.2003 17:13:26 Henri Yandell wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>
> > - Setup a website to attract more people and to prepare for a release.
>
> Let me know if you need help with this.

Thanks.

<snip/>

> > What needs to be done to bring IO to release readiness?
> >
> > What I see is:
> > - Many classes need test cases (I'll try to write some)
> > - filefilter, input and output packages look pretty good, probably need
> >   some occasional documentation touch-up.
> > - I don't know about the compress package. There's bzip2 in a separate
> >   sub-subproject. Ant also still has classes for bzip/zip/tar. I think
> >   these parts should be consolidated in a separate compress project.
>
> Compress should be pulled out I agree. Have you noticed the list of todo's
> in STATUS.html?

Nope. :-O But looking at them, they seem confusing:
"Compress - Move the compress sub-package out of IO - READY"

What does "READY" mean here? Ready to be moved out? Then, does that mean
we can simply start a new package "compress" (or "compression") and move
it there and integrate bzip2? But I guess we should synchronize with the
Ant-people first.

I will add my items to the file.

Jeremias Maerki