commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Wilmoth <jonwilm...@yahoo.com>
Subject [BeanUtils & Struts]RE: Support for Date datatypes!!!
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 17:56:51 GMT
I'm cross posting due to the interproject
dependencies.  It has been requested that the Struts
framework provide more robust support for
submitting/displaying UI fields (dates as a prime
example) that have string-->object conversion
requirements not currently covered by the BeanUtils
project leveraged by Struts.  I suggested that the
exiting Converter interface be expanded to accept
parameters (Map of configurations?) to allow custom
converters to be more flexible in their
implementations.  However, the Struts API accesses the
ConvertUtils through the BeanUtils.populate method and
that would also require modification.  Because of the
multiplicity of fields handled by the populate method,
perhaps a new datastructure
(PropertyChangeDefinition?) is appropriate for
communicating the new value, the target datatype, a
converter, and perhaps some conversion parameters?