commons-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Mailhot <Nicolas.Mail...@laposte.net>
Subject Re: Re[2]: [JPackage-discuss] Re[2]: Logging packaging questions
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 09:55:44 GMT
Le mar 01/07/2003 à 11:37, Anton Tagunov a écrit :
> Hello Nicolas!
>
> NM> A symlink points to whatever logging-commons-backend jar is installed
> NM> (more complex than that but lets just say the symlink *will* exist and
> NM> point to the jar with the highest priority)
>
> Would this symlink point to commons-logging-log4j.jar or to log4j.jar?
> (Just thinking your worlds over)

If we do the full split we'd have
- common-loggin main jar
- common-loggin-glue symlink
- common-loggin-backend symlink

with common-loggin-glue & common-loggin-backend synchronized so if
common-loggin-backend points to log4j common-loggin-glue points to the
log4j glue in common-loggin

One or two symlinks - that's peanuts.
What we can not handle is one jar present in some cases (log4j) and not
in others. We need the symlinks to always point to something - dangling
symlinks make tomcat crash

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot