commons-dev mailing list archives

From <maill...@jitterpig.com>
Subject RE: [lang] StringUtils isEmpty summary(2)
Date Sun, 20 Jul 2003 17:15:25 GMT

Not only two different libraries, but I could easily have code in the
same project (even method) that would use a NPE-throwing StringUtils and
a NPE-swallowing StringUtils.  So static configuration would be really
bad here.

Moving to a Singleton + Static Delegator (static methods delegated to an
internal singleton reference) could be a nice way to go.  It'd allow me
to add new string utilities via subclassing of the singleton (assuming
it's a configurable singleton).

;ted