commons-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: [SURVEY] Commons-csv or not?
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2003 17:59:19 GMT
At 1:33 PM -0400 6/25/03, Henri Yandell wrote:
>I've also got this style of code in my GenJavaCore library
>[http://www.generationjava.com/projects/GenJavaCore.shtml], so am happy to
>donate etc into it.
>
>Would it be best placed as a Csv project, as a part of Poi, as a part of
>Codec or as a part of IO?
>
>In my version, I went with the Reader/Writer metaphor, and more in the way
>of interface methods.

A CSV project seems a bit too narrowly focused.  I have some
potentially complementary code that produces objects from lines in a
delimited (or fixed-length) data file, using beanutils to populate
the objects.  It could use a bit more work, but I'd help fit it in
with some other project if one started up.

I guess I'd think it belongs in IO, of all the choices Henri
suggested.  In a sense you could associate it with Digester, but
that's probably not really the best place for it.

Joe

Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com
http://blog.germuska.com
"If nature worked that way, the universe would crash all the time."
	--Jaron Lanier