commons-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <>
Subject Re: [SURVEY] Commons-csv or not?
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2003 17:59:19 GMT
At 1:33 PM -0400 6/25/03, Henri Yandell wrote:
>I've also got this style of code in my GenJavaCore library
>[], so am happy to
>donate etc into it.
>Would it be best placed as a Csv project, as a part of Poi, as a part of
>Codec or as a part of IO?
>In my version, I went with the Reader/Writer metaphor, and more in the way
>of interface methods.

A CSV project seems a bit too narrowly focused.  I have some
potentially complementary code that produces objects from lines in a
delimited (or fixed-length) data file, using beanutils to populate
the objects.  It could use a bit more work, but I'd help fit it in
with some other project if one started up.

I guess I'd think it belongs in IO, of all the choices Henri
suggested.  In a sense you could associate it with Digester, but
that's probably not really the best place for it.

Joe Germuska
"If nature worked that way, the universe would crash all the time."
	--Jaron Lanier

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message