commons-dev mailing list archives

From Tim O'Brien <tobr...@discursive.com>
Subject Re: [math] Apples or Oranges
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2003 19:48:13 GMT
On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, Mark R. Diggory wrote:
<big snip>

> I'm talking strictly about UnivariateImpl at this time, I'm not quite
> ready to delve into the Storage Implementations.
<...another snip...>
> could be detected by the the Univariate
Implementation and such a
> "caching" mechanism could be updated (I'm not sure though, this may not
> be something to explore before reaching release).

I faintly remember someone mentioning some sort of Observable collection
in [collections]  this could come in handy, but it would reduce the
"reach" of ListUnivariateImpl as it wouldn't work with java.util.List.
It is something to look for down the line.

Also, I believe that it would be wiser to using some sort of Primitive
version of Collections CircularFifoBuffer to support rolling in the
future, but I'm not sure how close collections is to the next release.

Tim